.

.

May 11, 2011

Growing Family

Long time no update once again. We are horrible at this whole blog thing, but love to keep family and friends updated. Most of you already know that our Root fam is growing! We are expecting the little guy, Isaac Richard Root, pictured below, September 5, 2011 (hopefully more like the end of August). He will and already is our pride and joy.

Right: When we were about 8 weeks along in the pregnancy in January. The heartbeat of that little guy inside there was amazing. I couldn't believe that he had already had such a powerful heartbeat when he was the size of a bean. I really didn't think that he would be so small and thought that he would at least look a little like a baby.



Left: Prior to this ultrasound we had spent a week in California with my family going to disneyland and spending some much needed time with my niece, Madison who was a year at the time. It was perfect timing to be pregnant because we were able to tell my family in person the great news. Everyone was so excited and are working hard on planning a trip out here for Isaac's arrival.

As soon as we were back home in Colorado, I was dealing with morning sickness all day long which was a good sign that everything was going good even though I felt horrible. This lasted up until the nineteenth week and still occurs every now and then.

Left: We were 20 weeks along in the pregnancy which was only 12 weeks after that first ultrasound and he had grown so rapidly. This ultrasound was when we found out the gender. The doctor asked us what we thought it would be and I was convinced it was girl because I could only think of girl names, but I wanted a boy. Wess guessed it to be a boy. It took the doctor a while until she finally saw the gender and said, "It's a boy!" We were so absolutely excited and could have about jumped up and down. If it was a girl we would have been just as excited.


We are just so excited to grow our family and train up our children in the admonition of the Lord. It is such a blessing to have this opportunity of raising this little guy and prayerfully more. God's timing has been so perfect and His provision is never ending just as He promised His children. My Grandpa has purchased everything needed for the crib and Wess' co-workers from Starbucks have given us so many boy clothes, blankets, and toys. Isaac definitely has better furniture and more clothes than Wess and I combined. He has yet to arrive and he is already spoiled.


Right: Here I am at about 22 weeks. Time has gone so fast and know that it is just going to get faster and faster. Isaac is jumping around inside up and down off my bladder. Wess keeps trying to feel him from the outside, but every time Wess tries Isaac stops completely. I think Isaac is playing freeze tag with daddy. Wess did feel him once and I think he caught Isaac off guard. It really is just an amazing miracle growing a baby inside of me. I see God's divine creation at work every step of the way. There is no way that we could be doing this on our own and we give complete glory to God for this new life.

I am only working part time at my job in the Safeway deli because I get fatigued really fast and can't handle a 40 hour week on my feet. Wess had been applying for another job that would help out and probably be a more guaranteed job for our new situation. He applied at a plumbing facility, a cable company, and a local bank. It took a while, but he finally heard back from the local bank and they wanted to offer him a full time teller position. WOOHOO! Now he gets bank holidays! God is working everything out for us as we take the footsteps. Now that Wess will be working full time at the bank and minimal hours at Starbucks he will no longer be serving as youth pastor at our church. This is our first time having a baby and want to focus on this new journey we are on. Wess wants his priorities to be God and family first and foremost. Just taking it one step at a time.


We are so thankful for your prayers!

Much love,
Wess and Lauren

1 comment:

  1. Love your blog, Wess and Lauren! (And i love Colorado)! Praying for you and baby Isaac. If you like, please visit my blog Today's Project, http://www.krucke4jc.blogspot.com , about daily life in Christ, victory in trials,and living for the Lord.

    Love,
    Dana Kruckenberg

    ReplyDelete